Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Too Many Hypocrites

There are hypocrites in all walks of life. Probably the greatest counterfeits of all are those who claim to be Christians, go through the rituals, but have never met Christ on the cross or experienced His Power exhibited in the empty tomb. They know not the cleansing Power of the precious Blood of the Saviour.
A STRANGE RELATIONSHIP
The wedding is now history. How can one forget the rice thrown, the cake smeared on the face of the bride and groom, and the ooh’s and aah’s from the congregation as the couple embraced at the front of the church. Their traditional vows were heard by all present as they promised to love one another until parted by death. They were declared not only before their parents and friends, but also in Divine presence.
It’s all over now. With Betty’s new outfit and Bill’s new car, they drive away from the church, “Bill, I want you to take me home.” “Home, Betty? We are leaving on our honeymoon. After the trip we will go to our new home.” “Oh, no, you do not understand. I don’t want to go to our home, I want you to take me back to mother right now.”
Bill looked at his new bride in absolute amazement. He knew with one glance that she was serious. His shock increased as she continued, “Now, Bill, I am glad for our beautiful wedding. It was such a lovely affair. I will remember you, take your name, and remember that we are married; but I want to go back to my mother and daddy. I’ll try to see you every so often, but living with you, no deal! Yes, I know we belong to one another, and I intend to use your name, but I want my old home, that I have known from my childhood. Share my money with you? No way! I want to stay with my old friends, back to my old job, and have fun with the girl’s, flirting in the shopping mall.”
“Of course, I love you. I have accepted you as my husband, haven’t I? Oh, yes, I will belong to you forever, but I do not want you interfering with my life. I am sure I can continue to be happy without you, so please take me home. Now wait a minute, Bill. I do not want you to have the wrong impression. If I get sick I will call for you, especially if I need some money. I have accepted you as my husband, and I really do believe you love me. I shall be grateful forever for your love and asking me to be yours. I am proud to be your wife. Now Bill, please take me home!”
How would you like these arrangements? Betty’s attitude is not new and different from many who call themselves “Christians.” They say the same words as Betty did to her husband. Thank you for saving me. Now leave me alone so I can go back to my old paths, friends, pleasures, and ways of life. Don’t give me any responsibility or interfere with my plans. I will expect your help if I get in trouble. If it gets serious, I might even call on you for assistance. I am not concerned with any responsibility to you in our relationship; so don’t give me any pressure such as directions, authority or responsibility. As far as living with or for you, I intend to do my own thing, go my own way and accomplish my personal standards of success. Oh, I almost forgot, when I die, I do want to come and share the home you are preparing. But I hope it will not be for a long, long time.
In the seventh chapter of Romans the possession and relationship between husband and wife is used as example of our relationship with Christ. “Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ, that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.” (Rom. 7:4). What a change in the life resulting from this relationship. “Therefore, if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation; old things are passed away; behold all things are become new” (II Cor. 5:17). The Bible reveals hypocrisy and the counterfeit. “He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whosoever keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected; by this know we that we are in him” (I John 2:4, 5).
REMEMBER THESE THINGS
1. Your sin has separated you from God. “But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hidden his face from you, that he will not hear” (Isa. 59:2).
2. Jesus Christ is God’s only provision to take away your sin. “For He (God) made Him (Christ) to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him (Christ).” (II Cor. 5:21).
3. God loves you through His Son and gave Him to die for your sin. “But God commendeth his love toward us in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us “(Rom. 5:8).
4. Turn (Repent) from your sin to the Saviour. “Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ” (Acts 20:21).
5. Believe and receive THE LORD JESUS CHRIST as your own personal Saviour. “But as many as RECEIVED him, to them gave he power to become the children of God, even to
them that BELIEVE on his name” (John 1:12).
Right this moment, if you are sick of your sin, playing the Bill and Betty routine, find a place of prayer and name your sins to God. Trust in the work of Christ, Who alone is satisfactory to a Holy God. Get busy serving the One Who died in your deserved place. Maintain a person intimacy with Him till ushered into His presence when He returns for you.
Please let me know of your believing the promises of God as revealed to you in His Word.

Radio Message by Dwight Porter (http://thehourofgraceandpower.org/Docs%20and%20Literature/Gospel%20Messages/Too%20Many%20Hypocrites.pdf)

No comments:

Post a Comment