"in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."
(I Thessalonians 5:18)
God says that giving thanks is His will! I wanted to briefly highlight some scriptures about the importance of giving thanks! With a thankful heart, our perspective becomes healthier and we become less self-focused and more God-focused!
1. "That I may proclaim with the voice of thanksgiving, And tell of all Your wondrous works." (Psalm 26:7)
2. "Then out of them shall proceed thanksgiving And the voice of those who make merry; I will multiply them, and they shall not diminish; I will also glorify them, and they shall not be small." (Jeremiah 30:19)
3. "But I will sacrifice to You With the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay what I have vowed. Salvation is of the LORD.” (Jonah 2:9)
4. "And He took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” (Luke 22:19)
5. "But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." (I Corinthians 15:57)
6. "For all things are for your sakes, that grace, having spread through the many, may cause thanksgiving to abound to the glory of God." ( 2 Corinthians 4:15)
7. "do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayer;" (Ephesians 1:16)
8. "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;" (Philippians 4:6)
9. "And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him." (Colossians 3:17)
10. "Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men;" (1 Timothy 2:1)
11. "Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name." (Hebrews 13:15)
12. "saying: “Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom, Thanksgiving and honor and power and might, Be to our God forever and ever. Amen.” (Revelation 7:12)
Thanks be to God!!! -Dustin